Monday, March 21, 2011

What a Wise Soul You Are Dr. Seuss!

I am quite possibly the biggest Dr. Seuss fan ever... In fact, so much so, that his books were my favorite growing up and I had to read/have all of them. My poor parents. I may or may not have memorized most of them at a very young age.

I definitely was a proud owner and reader of ALL of these puppies!
Then in high school I had a project where I had to write about the most influential person in American history... Yep, you guessed it, I wrote about Dr. Seuss, but this wasn't just any old powerpoint! I dressed up as the Cat in the Hat complete with a goldfish in a bowl and presented my powerpoint that was completely rhyming just like Dr. Seuss' books! (Just in case you were wondering... I got an A+!)

I know, it looks like a space ship... But it's not, it's the library named after Dr. Seuss and his wife!
After high school I went to college... to the University of California San Diego... where Dr. Seuss and his wife sponsored the building of the library! Yep, every midterms and finals crunch time was filled with the sweet drawings of Dr. Seuss pasted all over the library walls. So cool? Yeah, I just loved it.

But in all of this time the wise words of Dr. Seuss never truly set in... Now thinking about them I realize he got it right. He truly understood what it meant to march to the beat of your own drum. And he turned doing that into his life's goal.

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is Youer than You."

I can't argue that one... Not only can I not argue with him, but he's right, no one is me and no one gets to live the life I'm living, so I need to do it right for me. That means doing what I love with who I love: God, J, Mama Bird and family, running, cooking, loving, learning.

And for those who don't like it... Well, that's fine, but turns out, you don't really matter that much.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Yep, those who really mind don't matter... If you can't find it in you to be some kind of supportive, some kind of sweet, well then I really don't seem to matter that much to you and ditto, I feel the same way!

Oh Dr. Seuss, what a wonderful wise soul you are!

2 comments:

Victoria Rose said... Best Blogger Tips

Love it! Those two quotes are my favorite :) I just became a follower...keep up the cute posts!!

Michelle said... Best Blogger Tips

LOVE THIS!!! Those quotes are posted in my classroom!!!