Sunday, April 10, 2011

Whole Wheat Banana Oat Waffles

Last weekend J called early on Saturday morning and asked what my plan was for the day. I was so sore from my training on Friday that I said I was just going to lounge and eat breakfast... Then we quickly decided it would be fun to have waffles! So these puppies were born. 

Whole Wheat Banana Oat Waffles with Fresh Berries

These are hardy little buggers, so you'll be a lot fuller than you originally think when eating waffles!

Ingredients:
  • Krispies Whole Wheat (just add water) pancake mix
  • 1/2 cup of rolled oats
  • 1 carton raspberries
  • 1 carton blueberries
  • 1 carton strawberries
  • 2 bananas
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 of a lemon
Directions:
  1. Prepare the Krispies pancake mix as directed on the box. 
  2. Add 1/2 cup of rolled oats and stir into batter.
  3. Cut the bananas into slices and add one to batter and another to an empty bowl. (J likes his crushed, but I prefer them not, do as you wish!)
  4. Fill the waffle iron with batter and let cook. 
  5. While the waffle is cooking, wash the blueberries and raspberries and add to the bowl with the banana. 
  6. Slice strawberries and add to the berry-banana mix. 
  7. Stir the 1/4 cup powdered sugar into the berries and squeeze lemon juice into the bowl. 
  8. When the waffle is done, remove from iron and douse with berry-banana goodness! 
  9. Enjoy! 
J adds a little protein to his meal by sprinkling bacon bits into the pan over the batter. I'm not a huge fan, but he gobbles it right up! 

5 comments:

Simply Created by Cole said... Best Blogger Tips

These look yummy! I know what I'm buying the next time I go to the store. ;) Have a great week!!

Cole

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Waffles!!! Love them!!! Awesome Pics.. drool worthy for sure!

Katie said... Best Blogger Tips

These look amazing!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

BOMB. :)

Lauren Nicole said... Best Blogger Tips

oh my goodness. these look soooo good! def going to try that out next weekend when i have time to get up and cook :)