Saturday, April 16, 2011

Absolutely Honored!

Yesterday was one of those days where I was just in a funk... I couldn't seem to be able to shake it. Last night I got home to be greeted with two awards from two blogs that I absolutely adore! Compliments are always so sweet, but when they come from someone you truly appreciate and admire they mean so much to me!

First, one of my favorite Mama bloggers, Brandi of My Amazing Life as a Mommy and Wife, gave me the versatile blogger award. Brandi finds a way to blog consistently, stay at home with her kiddos, and take pictures of all that comes with life along the way! She always has a kind word to leave in comments... So go show her all the love she deserves!


The way the Versatile Blogger Award works: 
1. Link back to the blogged who awarded you with much thanks! 
2. Share seven (versatile) things about yourself. 
3. Award five versatile bloggers you love. 
4. Contact your winners and share!

Without much further ado, here's seven versatile (maybe I mean more like random!) facts about me: 
1. If I was going to be a singer, I'd want to be a country girl with major spunk just like Miranda Lambert!
2. I desperately want to write a book that people actually read.
3. I'm a running addict. No joke, it makes me crazy to see runners and not be participating.
4. I have a little red glass rooster (or as my mom and I affectionately call him, The Cock) that I take places and take pictures of him, then send to my mom... For example: 

5. I'm a sucker for anything that needs organizing... as in, I love to clean and organize. 
(Weird? I know.)
6. I like my girly writing. J hates it. 
(He says it's impossible to read... At least I don't write like a five year old. My writing is like fine wine, an acquired taste!)
7. I grew up around construction... And can't imagine life without the smell of dirt, tractors, and hard hats. 

And my big versatile blogging buddies: 
1. Angie at Oh, How Delightful
2. Bonnie from My Whim Wham Life
3. Leigh at Very LoveLeigh
4. Mackenzie at Design Darling
5. Sarah at Cubicle Sanity

Yay for versatile bloggers! 

And from a very dear foodie friend of mine, Zoe over at Runny Yokes are Better shared the Sisterhood of the World of Blogger Award with me! Zoe is sharing her laid back approach to the cooking and the simply, but so savory, dishes that she's making daily in her kitchen! I can't tell you how many of her dishes are on my To Cook list! And check out her stellar recipe for the Simply Sweet Ingredient Challenge!


And here are the rules for the Sisterhood Award: 
1. Link back to the blogged who awarded you with much thanks! 
2. Share seven things about yourself. 
3. Award five new bloggers you have recently discovered. 
4. Contact your winners and share!

So, seven more things about me: 
1. The first night J and I hung out I truly thought he was interested in my best friend... 
Thankfully, he later made it obvious he wanted to date me! 
2. I am the queen of underestimating myself... But this leads me to always be impressed by my strength!
3. I'm allergic to milk, but haven't always been. I contracted a nasty stomach virus in high school... 
4. The idea of spending the rest of my life with J makes me nothing but joyful. 
I hate when people ask if I'm nervous, then say I'm being insane when I say no. 
5. I have a staring problem. When someone is acting odd, I can't help but stare. J often has to call me on it... Maybe one day I'll be ok to take out in public. 
6. Adopting Baby Bear made my family complete. Life wouldn't be life without him. 
7. This is Pennie Pickle. I adore everything about her ridiculous self. 

And my new blogging friends in the Sisterhood of Blogging!
1. Fran at Free Borboleta
2. Megan at Mackey Madness
3. Em at Today's Letters
5. Bo-Nan at Cape Cod Collegiate

7 comments:

Amber said... Best Blogger Tips

You so deserve your awards sweet girl! I have a staring problem too, haha. My boyfriend always tells me, "Quit staring at people" I can't help it that I'm so curious :)

Mrs.G said... Best Blogger Tips

Awww thank you sweetie:)

Since you love organizing things maybe you should come to my house.I have tons you could work with:)

And you know what I wasn't nervous about marrying Tom until it was time to walk down the aisle.Then when I saw him all that went away.So I don't think you are insane not to be nervous.

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on your awards! I'm enjoying reading your blog and learning more about you :)

If you could send some of your running addiction and some of your love of organizing my way, that would be fabulous!

Thanks for awarding me the award...I'll have to start thinking of 7 things :)

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on TWO awards! That's amazing!! : ) Thanks for passing it on to me! I wish that I was into running like you. I would love to be addicted to it. I hate it though. Isn't that terrible?

I always said the same thing about getting married...not nervous at all. Just READY! I think it's good that you aren't nervous! That means you are confident in your love!

Lauren Nicole said... Best Blogger Tips

yay! thank you so much :)
i'm honored!

xoxo <3

Whim Wham Life said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the award sweet friend! Please teach me your running ways! That is one addiction I wouldn't mind having in my life:-) xoxo

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you so much for the award, Amber! I'm truly flattered that you thought to include me. Congratulations on your own! xoxo