Thursday, April 7, 2011

Call the Movers, It's Time to Relocate!


Lately I have felt like I'm just not on the same page as God. 
Like He has plans that He's not letting me in on. 
With it being His fault for keeping secrets, I find myself creating a distance between us. 

Lately I have felt like my prayers are falling on the deaf ears of a busy God.
Like He has greater fish to fry, so I fall to the wayside. 
With it being Him whose schedule is so full, I find myself giving up. 

Lately I have felt like the words in my Bible don't contain the life they once seemed to have.
Like He has stopped breathing His ever-powerful spirit into me. 
With it being Him who isn't blessing me with His spirit, I find myself distracted. 

Lately I have been letting go. 
Like I'm a slacking student who doesn't care about the lessons from my teacher. 
With it being my fault for being lazy, apathetic, stubborn, thick-headed, 
I need to move, relocate, find a new, more humble posture. 

It's all too easy to get involved in a cycle of laziness, of apathy, of indifference. 
God has blessed me with a big lesson: 
If I'm not feeling close to God, guess who moved? 
(Easy answer here: it's me.) 

So I'm moving. 
Somewhere in a better place with Him. 
I have no reason to be a big blamer, instead, I must grow myself, my walk, my trust. 

I want to grow my God section on here. 
He is what makes life simply sweet.
And I want to share His blessings with you. (Please stay tuned)

7 comments:

A Simple Southern Life said... Best Blogger Tips

I just love reading your blog! Thank you so much for the Stylish Blogger Award, I am featuring you on my page. It is so nice to get on here and see that you blog about fun stuff and stuff that really matters as well! You are an inspiration to everyone who reads!

Kym @ Travel Babbles said... Best Blogger Tips

You are such a beautiful writer -- You should turn this gem into a book!

Tracy said... Best Blogger Tips

This is a great post - and very true perspective!! I've always heard the quote, "You're as close to God now as you choose to be" but it's hard to face the truth of it! I'll be praying that your "relocation" is blessed by "simply sweet" time with God!

CapeCodCollegiate said... Best Blogger Tips

This is beautiful - I look forward to what's coming!

xx

Mrs.G said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the post.I have felt that way from time to time but I know that it is me.Thank you for posting this.I really needed that today.

Erin said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay I can comment again!

Anyways I totally agree. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Love youuu

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips

It's good of you to be aware of this...and to desire making a change.
I know exactly what you mean...unfortunately, too often I get caught up in all my own plans and all the busy-ness of life, and I realize I left God behind, when it is that I should be following Him.

Thanks for writing this!!