Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Love: Letters to God

Church on Sunday was a fantastic start to a new series. I was so happy that J and I got to be blessed the way we did in service and I left feeling so convicted, yet renewed by Him. We were given three tasks, one of which J was -much to my surprise- very into doing: writing a letter to God. So last night we made a plan, after dinner each of us was going to write and we did. Then we swapped and shared.


I truly enjoyed writing my letter to God. I felt freed. I felt like my relationship with Him was enriched. I felt honest, open, vulnerable. I felt loved. I needed to be able to be honest with myself, with J, and with God. And I was. 

Now it's my turn to be more transparent here. To let you, my dear readers, in more than I have before. To tell you all that I'm not perfect. My struggles remain constant and my vigilance grows tired. I forget all the blessings He has given to me and grow bitterness in my heart. I lose faith over and over again in growing weary, in exhaustion, in wishes seemingly unfulfilled. I like to look at pictures and see so much happiness and joy, but I know there remains so many unfettered feelings running amuck within the little body I call mine. 

Yet, through all the madness His faith remains. I can screw up over and over and over and over without running His patience through and through. He doesn't give up when I draw into myself and long to do it all on my own. He knows I will return and He will celebrate, just like it happened with the Prodigal Son in Luke 15. 

Here I go to make the dreams of being a strong Christian women, wife, friend, daughter, sister, best friend come true with the power and strength of Him within the tired little body that is me. Stay tuned for the journey (it's bound to be full of smiles, tears, laughs, cries, and, most importantly, Him). 

Simply Sweet Note about How Romantic this Truly was: 


This little activity made me fall madly in love with J all over again. J is an honest man. He doesn't make things over complicated. He just lays it out there. Thank goodness. I realized in his letter all of the reasons that we are so perfectly paired as best friends. God had us planned for all time and now it's our opportunity to shine, shine, shine so brightly in this world together. 

4 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Amber such a wonderful note in humility. Everyday we grow. How Fantastic is that?!?

cup named grace said... Best Blogger Tips

you are a blogging beast my girl! love and have the perfect pink sparkling wine for 9-10-11! sample bottle chilling and i promise it won't disappoint! loves. mama bird

Luke{and}Dana said... Best Blogger Tips

What a neat "assignment"! I need to follow in your footsteps and make time for God just as you do!

Cailin said... Best Blogger Tips

I love this idea. Thanks for sharing :)