Thursday, September 9, 2010

lint is a shell's best friend

"my one regret in life is that i will never have a dog. but sometimes i tie a hair to a piece of lint and i drag it around.” – marcell the shell with shoes on


oh, how i hope you watched my dear little buddy marcell the shell with shoes on (if not scroll down and catch up on your reading!). i truly admire so many things about the precious little shell with shoes on that marcell is, but most of all, i love the attitude that his little body possesses. what i would do to be able to contain that much of a personality in every square inch of my body.


after watching the video probably near 50 times, i have realized i love it so much because i can learn from marcell… hopefully you can too!


marcell makes the best of his small shell situation throughout the video, but when he talks about regretting to not be able to have a dog my heart just feels so sad. then he goes on to be absolutely adorable by improvising with hair and a lint ball. oh my gosh, if i could improvise like that my life would be full of so much more joy and a lot less time spent dwelling on what i’m lacking.


A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. –proverbs 17:22


i think God would smile down on me if i channeled my energy in the same way marcell does. rather than sit around throwing a pity party for myself, i should find some lint, tie it to a hair, and love my little “fluffy” named allen. so, yes God, i will try my hardest to be more like marcel and less like amber.


A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit. - proverbs 15:13


and, as marcell goes on to describe his little allen,


“well, you know what they say… lint is a shell’s best friend”


… maybe a dog is not the only best friend a person has. what can you improvise this week? maybe at work, maybe at home, or maybe just for fun… best of luck to all with their improvisations.

0 comments: