Thursday, December 23, 2010

welcome... and the reverb project: day 1

welcome to my new blog site! i moved everything over from synchronicitie. i was very sad to go, but i am very impressed by the wordpress interface. my little blog is going to go in a new direction because... well, my life is going in a new direction.

you will start finding recipes (cooking plays a huge part in my life so i must add it on here) as well as more updates and pictures.... so, here is the initial post after all of the talk:

there is a really amazing new interesting project for writers, bloggers, thinkers, alike. you can find them here. i have decided to start pondering the prompts... however, i won't be doing them as frequently as every day, but instead taking my time on them and making sure that i'm really reflecting on each given prompt.

for today:

One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author: Gwen Bell)

my answer:

metamorphisis.

it's like the caterpillar that must give up some of its precious time and the brightness of day to endure a lonely, dark time in his cocoon, in order to grow into a vivacious butterfly complete with fanciful wings.

there is no longer just a plain, old amber, instead there is a bright new girl working to grow and maintain the network of relationships that define my many roles... especially right now.

1. through the course of my dad's sickness (and now his healing) i have come to realize that my family means more to me than i could possibly put into words. my dad's sweetness, my mom's humor, my brothers' jokes and larger than life personalities keep my heart smiling through the hard times.

2. my mom and i were always close, but in the last year or so we have forged a closer relationship than we have ever had before. it's a two way road... instead of just a mom bossing around her unruly daughter. boom, i couldn't ask for more!

3. college is coming to a close. with the end of the year comes the beginning of the end. i am preparing to step out of the mold of a student and then define myself as a worker in the world. i know that everyone says i have the rest of my life to work... but i'm really truly sort of excited.

4. finally, my fiance. goodness, what a lucky girl i am. i cannot believe that went from being a girlfriend to being a lifelong commitment. i mean, i knew that it was coming and it's what i've always dreamed of... but it's always been just that, a dream. now the dream is becoming a reality and woohoo!

the year ahead, 2011, promises much brightness and a life filled with loads of fun memories to be cherished forever. thanks to 2010, and bring it on 2011!!

song of the day:

stand up

by: sugarland

if you haven't listened to sugarland's incredible machine cd, you must. but, this song in particular is a reminder that life goes on, it's going to be ok, just stand up. stand up knowing that your beautiful wings are going to spread and be ready to soar... but you must, like the caterpillar, be okay with some downtime in the cocoon.

0 comments: